Recipe for Weight Watchers unfried chicken: When it comes to diets, fried chicken is not the first dish that comes to mind. Unless, of course, you are on a diet, then comfort food like fried chicken might haunts your dreams every night!
The good news is that Weight Watchers Online (coupon to join) has a tasty recipe for baked, “un-fried” chicken from Oprah‘s Food Health & Happiness cookbook. It’s tasty, and you’ll be able to live with the points!
Weight Watchers Un-Fried Chicken Recipe:
You can watch this quick, 30-second video to see how easy it is to make (baked) unfried chicken:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (cut in half)
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken legs
- 1 1/2 cups multigrain or whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix buttermilk & hot sauce in a large mixing bowl
- Coat chicken w/ mixture and refrigerate for 3-24 hours
- Mix panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and spices in a (gallon-size) freezer bag
- Add chicken to freezer bag & shake to coat all pieces
- Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes
Voila, un-fried chicken!
You can also add a drizzle of honey, if you’d like!
*How many Weight Watchers points?
- Weight Watchers Points: 6
- Points Plus: 6
- Smart Points Value: 11
*The chicken-shaking process is a great time to sing your favorite Taylor Swift or Katy Perry song. In keeping with the “Southern” theme, you may also choose to sing “Sweet Home Alabama.”
Thanks to Oprah for this great recipe!
Related: How much does Weight Watchers cost?